Mencap are calling on our supporters and their friends and family to help us make some noise to help get everyone taking part in 2016’s Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon over the finish line on the 2nd May.
Whether your friends or family are taking part or you just love to make some noise we would love you to join in and #doit4mencap at one of our official cheer stations along the route.
We need enthusiastic volunteers who will make lots of noise to motivate our runners over the finish line at our 9 cheer stations:
1. Holywood Road (Strand Cinema)
2. Sydenham By-Pass (Belfast City Airport Footbridge)
3. Queen’s Bridge (Bridge End/Oxford Street)
4. Westland Road (At the Alliance Pharmacy / Morris Estate Agents)
5. Antrim Road/ Junction of Floral Road
6. Shore Road/ Junction of Mill Road
7. Duncrue Street (Roundabout)
8. Pavillion Bar/Kaffeo Ormeau Road
9. Ravenhill Road (At the Cherryvale Playing Fields)
If you want to be involved and shout out for those who have taken this challenge on to raise funds for those with a learning disability in Northern Ireland, contact the NI fundraising team to register at email@example.com or phone us on 028 9069 1351.
Each volunteer will get their own Mencap T-Shirt and get everything they need from whistle to pom-poms.
You can also turn up on the day to and join in as there will be some materials available.